Monday, December 29, 2008

Website Design

I have been talking about it for the last week or so, but I uploaded the new website for my first paying client last week. Tested ity in IE and FF and made a few small changes because the layout was not quite right in IE. Fixed up all the metatags last night and created and uploaded the sitemap. All good and done now.

FIRST PAYING JOB!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Been looking at linking strategies for one of my wife's websites - Success Event Photography.

Did you know that you can look at your competitors linking strategy. I use the Firefox Site Information tool and then look at the Yahoo inbound links. That way you can look at the top ranking sites, see how many links they have and where they come from, and then figure out your linking strategy in order to rank better than them.

You can also use the Site Information tool to see what metatags they have, and what keywords they are aiming at.

This is a really useful free tool that I use for my sites and also for my clients' sites. It gives a good estimation of how much work you will have to do to rank in the search engines ahead of your competitors.
Website DesignSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment